App | 中文 |
HOME >> NEWS >> TOP NEWS

Multiple-entry adjustment shows central govt’s care for Hong Kong

Updated: Apr 13,2015 11:34 AM     Xinhua

The move to adjust the multiple-entry endorsement for residents in Shenzhen reflects the central government’s consideration for Hong Kong’s livelihood, a spokesperson with Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of the State Council said on April 13.

The remarks followed a Ministry of Public Security (MPS) announcement on April 13 that Shenzhen residents will no longer receive multiple entry permits to enter Hong Kong. A policy was enacted on April 13 to limit their travel to “one visit a week”.

The spokesperson said the adjustment demonstrated the central government’s support for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region government’s positive response to local residents’ appeals.

The adjustment is also conducive to the steady exchange of the personnel between the mainland and Hong Kong.

According to a circular released by the MPS, Shenzhen citizens holding annual entry permits to Hong Kong can now enter the city once a week with a maximum seven day stay per visit.

Previously, citizens of Shenzhen, Hong Kong’s neighboring city on the mainland, were allowed unlimited visits to Hong Kong with their entry permit.

VIDEOS