App | 中文 |


Updated: Oct 17,2017 10:55 AM

Emails sent to and are submitted to related government departments. The following are some of the government departments’ responses to questions raised by e-mail:

1. Can overseas Chinese practice medicine in the Chinese mainland?

Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council:

There are no limitations on Chinese citizens who live abroad to work in the Chinese mainland. For laws, regulations and policies involving overseas Chinese, please refer to the policy and regulation column on the official overseas Chinese website:

Regarding overseas Chinese citizens to practice medicine in China, there are two situations:

First, those with a legal medical license obtained in another country and a certificate issued by an overseas Chinese affairs office before practicing medicine in China, and who plan to stay in China short-term, please refer to the Interim Measures for the Administration of Foreign Doctors Practicing Medicine in China for Short Terms.

Second, of those with overseas medical degrees, if their education certificates can get authenticated by the Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange and meet the provisions prescribed in the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Medical Practitioners and its related documents, they can sign up for the medical license exam to obtain their certificate and can practice medicine after registration.

(Updated on Oct 17, 2017)

2. Are overseas Chinese considered equal to Chinese citizens and enjoy similar rights? Can they work and live in the Chinese mainland?

Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council:

Overseas Chinese are Chinese citizens who reside abroad, and they enjoy all the rights and obligations of citizenship prescribed by the Constitution and laws.

Article 50 of the Constitution clearly specifies the protection of the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese nationals residing abroad. The Exit and Entry Administration Law, Law on Donations for Public Welfare, Adoption Law and Regulation on Marriage Registration have specific provisions on overseas Chinese.

The Overseas Chinese Affairs Office and related departments have jointly formulated a series of policy documents on overseas Chinese regarding their returning and settling down in China, talent introduction, education, social insurance and charitable donations.

Provinces and municipalities, including Guangdong, Fujian, Shanghai and Hubei, also formulated regulations on the protection of the rights and interests of overseas Chinese. There are no legal obstacles for overseas Chinese to live and work in the Chinese mainland.

Please refer to the website of the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council: for laws and regulations regarding overseas Chinese.

(Updated on Oct 17, 2017)

3. How can a British citizen passing through Beijing on the way to a third country or region stay in Beijing for less than 72 hours?

Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Public Security:

According to the situation you described, you have two choices: First, since you are flying to China from London, you can apply for single or double-entry G visa (transit visa) at the Chinese Embassy in the UK, in advance with your valid passport or other international travel document, as well as a through ticket (air, road, rail or sea) with confirmed date and seat to a third country or region. For detailed information, please log onto the Embassy’s website:

Second, you can also apply to China’s immigration inspection authority upon arrival for a temporary entry permit with your valid passport or other international travel document as well as a flight ticket with confirmed date and seat within 72 hours to a third country or region from Beijing Capital Airport. With your temporary entry permit, you could stay in Beijing for up to 72 hours.

(Updated on Aug 17, 2017)

4. What are the subsidy requirements for new energy vehicles in China?

Ministry of Finance:

According to the Circular on the Financial Support Policy on Promotion and Application of New Energy Vehicles from 2016 to 2020, conventional fuel consumption refers to fuel consumed by gasoline, diesel and other vehicles.

The fuel consumption of plug-in hybrid passenger vehicles should be less than 60 percent of the consumption target of the corresponding conventional fuel-driven vehicles, and the fuel consumption of plug-in hybrid commercial vehicles (including freight cars and passenger cars) less than 60 percent of the consumption limit of the corresponding conventional vehicles. The correspondence here refers to the equal curb mass or maximum design total mass of plug-in hybrid passenger vehicles and conventional vehicles.

The national standards for fuel consumption of conventional passenger cars apply to the document, Passenger Car Fuel Consumption Evaluation Methods and Indicators (GB 27999-2014).

Conventional light-duty and heavy-duty commercial vehicles should refer to the documents, Limits of Fuel Consumption for Light Duty Commercial Vehicles (GB 20997-2007) and Limits of Fuel Consumption for Heavy-duty Commercial Vehicles ( GB 30510-2014), separately.

Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, and National Development and Reform Commission also jointly released the Notice on the Adjustment of New Energy Vehicles to Promote the Use of Financial Subsidies Policy, which renews the requirements on fuel consumption of plug-in hybrid vehicles.

(Updated on July 5, 2017)

5. How can foreign postgraduate students from Chinese universities apply to work in China without the previous two-year work experience requirement?

Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security:

The regulation on facilitating employment for foreign students with a postgraduate degree or higher with one year (or less) work experience has been published on the ministry’s website.

According to the regulation, please ask the employer, who has the intent to employ you, to log onto the Service System for Foreigners Working in China ( and upload your materials as follows:

Application form for foreigner’s work permit 外国人来华工作许可申请表

Employment agreement 聘用合同

Certificate of resume 拟聘用者履历证明

Certificate of degree, certificate of graduation学历学位证明

Certificate of no criminal record 无犯罪记录证明

Certificate of physical examination 体检证明

Passport (or other international travel documents) 护照或国际旅行证件

Bareheaded photos taken within the past 6 months 六个月内免冠照片

After being approved, your employer can submit the paper materials at the designated place. In Beijing, it would be the Foreign Experts and Foreigners Employment Service Center, Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau.

The Chinese name of the office is北京市人力资源社会保障局外国专家与外国人就业事务中心. The address is No. 5, Yongdingmen West Street, Xicheng District, Beijing.

(Updated on June 20, 2017)

6. Is medication containing amphetamine and dextroamphetamine legal in China, and can it be brought to China?

General Administration of Customs:

According to Chinese regulations, drugs containing amphetamine are banned from entering the People’s Republic of China.

(Updated on June 20, 2017)