HANGZHOU — China has seized another six economic crime suspects in the Philippines, authorities said on Nov 9, amid a sweeping campaign aimed at blocking “the last route of retreat” for corrupt officials.
Police in east China’s Zhejiang province captured two suspects in two separate Philippine cities in October, while another four were urged to give themselves up, according to Zhejiang provincial public security department.
Of the six fugitives, four have been taken back to China, the department said.
China has snagged 180 economic crime suspects abroad since Fox Hunt 2014, a special operation in July against suspects hiding overseas. The number has surpassed that of last year, the Ministry of Public Security said in late October.
Of those caught, 44 are suspected of being involved in economic cases worth over 10 million yuan each, the ministry said.