App | Old Version | 中文 |
HOME >> PREMIER >> NEWS

Premier urges Malaysia to continue search for MH370 wreckage

Updated: Jan 29,2015 8:07 PM     english.gov.cn

[Photo/Xinhua]

[Photo by Wu Zhiyi/China Daily]

Premier Li Keqiang said it was a “difficult moment” for all, shortly after the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was officially declared an accident, urging Malaysia to locate the bodies as well as the wreckage “by all possible means” and fulfill its commitment to compensating the families and deliver an investigation report.

“This is a difficult moment for the unfortunate families and for all of us. The Chinese government shares the deepest sorrow and our deep sympathy go to the next-of-kin,” Li said.

[Photo by Wu Zhiyi/China Daily]

“The Chinese government, other governments involved in the tragedy and international organizations have made their best efforts over the past year to search for the flight and comfort families,” he said.

Li made the statement at a news conference with visiting French Prime Minister Manuel Valls in Beijing, after the pair held talks.

According to Malaysia’s Department of Civil Aviation, the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was officially declared an accident under international aviation rules.

All 239 passengers and crew aboard are presumed to have lost their lives, Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, Director-General of the DCA said.

The flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing went missing on March 8 last year.

VIDEOS