Address: Yue Tan Nan Street 77, West District, Beijing
Post Code: 100045
Tel: (010) 68579977
Fax: (010) 68576639
Director: Liao Hui
The Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of the State Council is an organ assisting the Premier to deal with affairs relevant to Hong Kong and Macao, its main functions are as follows:
1. Make researches on various aspects of Hong Kong and Macao societies.
2. Make overall planning for and coordinate the official contacts between different mainland departments and localities on the one side and HKSAR and MCSAR on the other.
3. Be responsible for the working contacts with the Chief Executives of HKSAR and MCSAR as well as the governments of the two SARs.
4. Promote and coordinate the cooperation and exchange in the field of economics, science, technology, education, culture, etc. between the mainland and the two SARs of Hong Kong and Macao.
5. Be responsible for examining and approving as well as issuing travel documents for public servants going to HK and Macao.
6. Participate in the management of service export to and mainland companies in HK and Macao.
7. Promote the Basic Laws of HKSAR and MCSAR, as well as the principles and policies of the central government concerning HK and Macao.
There are six functional departments within the office, which are as follows:
1. Department of Secretary and Administration (Department of Personnel)
2. Department of General Affairs
3. Department of Policy and Research
4. Department of Liaison
5. Department of Exchange and Cooperation
6. Department of Law
Institutional Party Committee
Notice: The English version of www.hmo.gov.cn is under construction.
Updated: Dec. 24, 2009